In the Logistics and Supply Chain Management group, TMU School of Management is offering open positions for PhD-student or Postdoc in the research area “Operations Research in Logistics”.
Ongoing research projects will cover digital logistics, shared economy and transportation platforms, inbound logistics in the automotive industry and digital retail/e-commerce using data-driven optimization methods.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Wonderful opportunity to get higher education in Germany with financial support.
As one of Europe’s leading universities in Germany, Technical University of Munich (TUM) has 15 departments and focuses on student services and education. Its TUM School of Management was founded in 2002 and quickly established itself as one of Germany’s premier business schools.
Why at the Technical University of Munich? Study at TMU gives students to find a variety of ways to immerse themselves in campus life. Its TUM School of Management provides the best preparation possible for a successful career in industry or in academia through its doctoral program.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
- University or Organization: TMU School of Management, Technical University of Munich
- Department: Operations and Supply Chain Management Department
- Course Level: PhD and Post-Doc
- Award: Financial support to finance doctorate with a stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open at national and international level
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for PhD and Post-Doc in Operations and Supply Chain Management Department
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Candidates must have a Master of Science degree in Business Administration/Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or Computer Science and experience in programming and the use of Operations Research/Machine Learning methods.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, applications (including a cover letter, transcripts, and additional supporting documents, e.g. term paper or thesis) should be submitted electronically to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to be in a single PDF file with the following content in the sequence as shown: Full CV, Proposal of a potential PhD research topic (about 3-5 pages) explaining the topic, the intended methodology and how this relates to the research profile of group, Two recommendation letters, A writing sample in English (thesis, research paper, seminar paper), and Other supporting documents.
- Admission Requirements: In order to join our doctoral program, you must have a university degree completed with above-average results (diploma, master, magister) from a German university, an equivalent German state examination (Staatsprüfung) or a master’s degree from a German University of Applied Sciences. Applicants with non-German degrees need to have their degrees officially recognized.
- Language Requirement: A doctorate from TUM School of Management requires very good written and spoken English skills. It will help you to speak fluently with your supervisor about your research area during your application interview.
Benefits: TMU School of Management provides support and finance highly-qualified doctoral candidates with a stipend.